IRB Approved Neuro-Degenerative Disorders: I have divided them into two groups. Conditions we treat locally and those treated out of state by our affiliate cell surgical brain surgeon
Neuro/Brain disorders that are treatable in our Salt Lake City, UT, Vancouver, WA, Tacoma, WA and Anchorage, AK clinics.
Multiple Sclerosis :
- The patient was diagnosed with relapsing-remitting MS in 1993, presenting symptoms were noticeable tingling and burning sensation in the right leg, followed by paraplegia lasting almost three weeks. Neurological investigations at the time uncovered MRI findings suggestive for a demyelinating syndrome. In June of 2008, the patient was treated with two I.V. infusions of 75 million autologous adipose-derived SVF cells... His gait, balance and coordination improved dramatically oven a period of several weeks. His condition continued to improve over the next few months and he is currently reporting a still continuing improvement and ability to jog, run and bike for
- Fasting Mimicking Diet for MS
- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2679713/ PubMed study on fat-derived stem cell infusion for MS patients.
- Even rats with MS get results.
- Conclusion "ADSCs are an ideal cell source for stem cell based therapies in treatment of demyelinating disease such as MS." Therapeutic effects of adipose derived mesenchymal stem cells on remyelination process in inflammatory demyelinating diseases
- Mesenchymal Stem cells(MSCs)Bone marrow, adipose tissue, umbilical cord, dermis, peripheral blood
Traumatic Brain Injury, Concussion, Head Trauma:
- Very important article I wrote on TBI that will download, please read prior to your procedure in our office.
- This review discusses the most recent identification of MSC- and NPC-secreted factors, including those that are trafficked within extracellular membrane vesicles (EVs)
In direct contrast to other tissues in the mammalian body, the brain is unable to properly regenerate and reconnect the injured areas to the uninjured areas of the brain
- In the brain, Matsushita et al. reported that MSCs were able to cross the BBB through paracellular pathways
- In this review, the stem cells were harvested from bone marrow, however we know from research that adipose derived harvest delivers up to 500% more mesenchymal stem cells than the marrow.
- Therefore, adult stem cells such as MSCs may be a good choice for stroke therapy because they secrete a variety of bio-active substances, click here
Neuro/Brain disorders that require direct intraventricular brain injection by port by a brain surgeon
Christopher Duma MD, FACS:
3900 West Coast Highway, Suite 300 Newport Beach, CA 92663
On Campus, Hoag Neurosciences Institute
- ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease Disease)
- Alzheimer's Disease